Angat Calamianes Rehabilitation and Resilience Project
(Implemented by PHILSSA in partnership with the Palawan Advocates on Good Governance and Empowerment (PAGE) and funded by Christian Aid.
Project Duration: 1 May 2014- 30 September 2016
Project Area: 26 Barangays in the Municipalities of Busuanga, Coron, Culion & Linapacan, Palawan
Vulnerabilities of specific community sectors are reduced while local capacities for disaster resilience are enhanced through multi-level stakeholder partnerships for coordinated rehabilitation efforts and improved DRRM-CCA –related governance processes in selected Yolanda-affected communities in the Calamianes Islands, Northern Palawan
- Strengthened community organizations effectively participating in and influencing local initiatives on post-Yolanda rehabilitation, disaster preparedness and resilience, and over-all community development
- Vulnerable sectors in the local communities attain food and livelihood security, and live in safe, secure, and adequate shelters within restored natural ecosystems
- Developed and strengthened local capacities and governance mechanisms for DRRM-CCA towards disaster preparedness and resilience
- Engaged local, sub-national and national government agencies and programs and other sectors/ stakeholders for post-Yolanda rehabilitation, disaster preparedness and resilience, and community development
- Community organizing
- Federation building
- Livelihood recovery assistance to vulnerable groups
- Small community infrastructure projects
- Capacity building on DRRM-CCA
- Engagement with local, sub-national and national agencies and other stakeholders.