Financial Enablers Project: Urban Disaster Preparedness, Response and Resilience in Greater Manila Region
The project aims to develop an integrated Framework and Strategy for Urban Disaster Preparedness, Response and Resilience that will be implemented initially in selected areas in Greater Manila Region involving 9 consortium members with various areas of technical competence.
Along the training and communications campaign for awareness and capacity-building of local communities, the project will form/ strengthen local CSO Coordination Hubs and Multi-stakeholder Partnership Mechanisms for DRRM-CCA and Humanitarian Emergency Response.
The project will also implement priority interventions in local areas to develop demonstration sites for the developed framework and strategy on Urban Disaster Preparedness, response and resilience.
- Development of an over-all framework and strategy for Urban Disaster Preparedness, Response and Resilience
- Development of local coordination mechanisms among CSOs and with other stakeholders (government, private sector, other institutions) in selected cities/ municipalities and communities
- Development and implementation of training modules and materials , as well as communication campaigns and materials in the selected pilot areas
- Piloting of multi-stakeholder priority interventions in the selected pilot areas towards development of demonstration sites for the framework and strategy
- Project management and learning strategies and activities for finetuning of the framework and strategy
Key Outputs and Activities
- Initial (in project start) and updated (in project end) framework and strategy paper for Urban Disaster Preparedness, Response and Resilience
- Local CSO coordination hubs and multi-stakeholder partnership mechanisms for DRRM and humanitarian emergency work in selected cities/ municipalities and communities
- Training modules, communications campaign materials, and learning resources on key topics and messages on Urban Disaster Preparedness and Response
- Demonstration areas for the framework and strategies on Urban Disaster Preparedness and Response
- Baseco, Manila City
- Tandang Sora, Quezon City
- Coloong and Mapulang Lupa, Valenzuela City
- Taytay, Rizal